Hi, I’m Anna from I’M 8 HOURS AHEAD!
Ser un cul inquiet (itchy feet):
Being a person that can´t stand still.
How will this blog help you
Working full time and planning every detail of your upcoming trip might seem dreading.
If you´ve ever asked yourself any of the below questions, you´re in the right place
- How can I travel for longer with my 9 to 5 job?
- How can I make sure to visit my chosen destinations without spending more money?
- How can I find the right accommodation?
- How can I travel in a more thoughtful way and reduce my waste to zero?
- How can I use my current budget to plan an amazing holiday?
- How can I find independent travel itineraries and budget breakdowns that are honest?
- How do I budget to sleep in unique places during my trip that are a little out of my budget?
What to expect
I’m a normal woman. Like you. I’m not extraordinary (although my grandma begs to disagree).
I love travelling. I made it my number 1 priority some years back. I have a job in the travel industry and travel when I can.
As you can see, I work a normal job life. I get paid. And I save it for my travels. If I can do it, you can do it too!
In this website, you’ll find detailed budget-friendly itineraries and loads of planning tips so when you go somewhere it is easier to plan.
Some of what you can learn:
- How to independently plan a trip to Uganda and Rwanda
- 10 easy actions to become a responsible traveller
- How to save money on food while you travel
- Ultimate itinerary for a 3 day stopover in Dubai
Hello!! Glad to see you here
Everyone calls me different nicknames, but my name is Anna.
I was born and raised in Barcelona and through summer travels with my family discovered new places from an early age. I’ve never been able to stop still for a long time and three years ago I moved to Cape Town, South Africa (for now!)
If I’m not hiking or travelling, you are likely to find me cooking, riding horses or (weirdly enough) planning my next trip.
I’M 8 HOURS AHEAD – Where does the name come from?
In 2014 I studied abroad in Australia and was 8 hours ahead from everyone I knew. I started writing stories about my life abroad, made a bucket list and the name seemed fitting – now I’m only 1 hour ahead in winter, but the name has grown on me!
Before you go, I want to invite you to join my email list. When you subscribe (it’s free) you’ll get access to the Ultimate Travel Planner spreadsheet and a monthly-ish newsletter with itineraries, travel & budgeting tips.
And… thanks for being here. Let’s be friends!