Dreaming of far away beaches, trekking in misty weathers or skiing in the highest mountains… my own list of dreams to accomplish during my life. A Bucket list It’s a list of things you would like to do before you die (or “kick the bucket”) and it was first used as a term on “The Bucket List”, a movie made by two terminally ill men.
Life is shorter than we think and the first thing to make my own life wish list happen is to write it down! I First wrote a draft of my bucket list in 2015 and since then I’ve been adding new wishes and ticking some off as well! Writing them down and telling people around me what I wanted to do actually made all the difference on me pursuing it.
This list changes as much as I do. Therefore it gets bigger, weirder and more detailed the more I think about it. It never stays the same for too long!
My Bucket List
1. See the northern lights
2. See the southern lights
3. Drive a tractor
4. Sleep in a room with private infinity pool
5. Visit 100 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
6. Be in NYC for at least 2 weeks
7. Float in the dead sea
9. Trek to Machu Pichu
10. Travel for more than 6 months straight
11. Climb Mont Kilimanjaro
12. Sleep in a water villa (if it has a slider, even better)
13. Swim with dolphins
14. Go to the airport without knowing where my destination will be
15. Go back to Norway’s fjords
16. See the sunrise from the Uluru
17. Speak 5 languages fluently (3.5/5)
18. Go to Disneyland
20. Swim with whales
22. Have a white christmas
Donate clothing that I don’t use anymore
24. Visit a hundred countries
25. Swim in the jellyfish lake
Take a sup paddle class
27. Sleep in a capsule hotel
29. Ski in the Alps
30. Swim with sea turtles
Hike with Gorillas
Swim in the Devil’s pool
33. Drive a campervan through New Zealand or the Route 66
34. Try to reach the Everest Base Camp
36. Get to know Banff, Canada like a local
37. Create a passive income
38. Stay in an all inclusive resort
39. Sell something on the internet
40. Go on a night out in Vegas
41. Skinny dipping at night
42. Rent a scooter
43. Go parasailing
Hike a +3000m high mountain
45. Travel for two weeks on 15€ per day
46. Fly first class
49. Work on a boat, cruise or yacht
50. Meet Ed Westwick (hey, everyone has a teen crush!)
51. Stay in a Tibetan monastery for a week
52. Hike for 4 days
Watch the sunset and sunrise on the same day
Go on a game viewing and see the big 5
. Learn to cook proper wok/noodles
57. Race someone on a jetski
58. Throw a themed party
Start your own Bucket List
Do you have a Bucket List? Have I not convinced you yet to create one? Go back upstairs. Read this page again.
I know you are still here. Get a pen! Or a white word page if you like technology. Start writing your list down. When you do it for the first time, I’m sure a lot of ideas will just flow out of your head into the list. But when the rain has stopped and no more brainstorming is helping you, here are some useful questions to ask yourself:
1. Where in the world do you want to travel and why?
2. What do you want to experience with friends, family, partner or strangers?
3. What skill would you like to possess?
4. Do you want to improve physically, mentally or spiritually? How?
5. What would you be most ashamed of to not have accomplished it if you died soon?
6. Break your future goals into categories: food, travel, skills, languages…
Please share your bucket list ideas below! Maybe I can get some ideas out of you!!